Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wisdom on Wednesdays: Just Keep Submitting

The marvelous Editorial Anonymous said it best in this post: just because you've sent your manuscript to one or two people, that doesn't mean your job is done. Don't just sit around now waiting for something to happen. Write something else. Research more editors, more agents. If you get feedback, revise and improve. And whatever you do, just keep submitting.


My challenge to you is to submit one thing this month: a short story or a poem to a magazine or an anthology, a picture book to an editor, a novel to a publisher. One thing.

8 comments:

  1. That was a great post at Editorial Anonymous. It's important to remember how subjective things are and to keep reaching out and trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent some work to an agent for the first time this month! I finally admit that I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice. I'm going to submit a creative nonfiction short story I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this logic 100%.

    I've been submitting for the last month but also working on another project.

    I hope you are doing the same and best of luck if you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I submitted three things so far this month. Gotta keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful advice. Persistence pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good challenge, and I plan on doing this later in the year. Gotta make sure my wip is shiny first. xx

    ReplyDelete