Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Favorites: COMPUTERS!

My computer died sometime overnight on Monday. It worked - albeit grudgingly, moaning and groaning and generally acting like the crotchety 5-years-ancient thing that it was - Monday evening, but when we tried to turn it on Tuesday morning, nothing.

So: I need a new one. And as we have already established, I am a Twenty-First Century Caveperson.

So, A SURVEY! Because you guys are the best, and because you all probably know way more about this stuff than I do. Also, the Hubster and the F-i-L know lots, but they also have to spend hours and hours tinkering and tweaking, and I do not want to do that, so do I really want to trust them? Hmmm. I think not.

First: Mac or PC? If PC, what make/brand/whatever? Intel i3, or dual-core processor?

Second: Hate it, Like it, Love it?

Third: Best thing about your computer?

Fourth: Worst thing about your computer?

That's it! four little qustions. (Okay, that first one was a doozy. Sorry about that. But it was all necesary.) Can you guys help a gal out? Pretty please?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you're not panicking too much so must have an external hard drive. My computer has been playing up a bit and going really slow and we don't have an external hard drive yet. Just about to get one isn't going to cut it if it goes south in the next few days. Wish I could recommend but alas I have no clue which is the most reliable. Have a great weekend Ishta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, my desktop died a week or two back and it was sad times because most of the stuff wasn't backed up. My mom already ordered a new computer. It's a PC, but other than that I know nothing. She had some tech-guy she knows buy her one.

    I can only tell you about my laptop experience. Had 2 Fujitsu's throughout college and loved them, but I'm using a Macbook now because I won it. I have to say, it's easy to be a Mac convert because it's so clean and simple, and the screen is gorgeous. You also don't have to worry too much about virus protection. You do have to get used to the buttons and stuff being on different sides though.

    Anyway, good luck!

    ReplyDelete