Monday, January 17, 2011

New Posting Schedule, and GOLDEN GLOBES!

First, I'm shifting to a new Monday-Wednesday-Friday blogging schedule. It's not that I don't like hanging out with you guys every day - I love it! In fact, I love it so much that my writing time is suffering. So, a little less blogging, a little more writing. It's what this whole thing is all about, after all.


Second: the Golden Globes were handed out last night! And what a night! Congratulations to the cast of Glee, who walked away with not only the best TV series in the comedy category, but BOTH the Best Supporting Actor (surprise!) AND Best Supporting Actress (okay, not so much of a surprise, but still a pleasing result) trophies for TV comedy or musical. Also congratulations to Colin Firth, who took the Best Actor in a Film Drama trophy, and to the many, many other people who won awards last night.


Watching the ceremony, I was struck by two things. First, not many projects (if any) were shut out. It wasn't like other years, where a film might get 6 nominations and not win anything. Pretty much everyone who got more than two nominations won something. I like that.


And second, the clear all-out winner of the evening was "The Social Network," a movie about e-networking and "social media." I think this says something about the word we live in, guys. If you were ever in doubt that blogging and FaceBook and Twitter were the way forward, this should clear it up for you. And I am a little embarrassed to say that I haven't actually seen that movie yet, even though I wanted to.


How about you? Were you pleased or horrified by the winners announced last night? Do you think this is a sign of the Oscar wins to come, or will the Oscars go another way?

5 comments:

  1. Horrified.
    But not because of the winners.

    There is comedy and then there is Rick Gervais.

    Mean is mean. I turned to a different channel when he began talking. Sad kinda guy to be that negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you, Huntress, about Rick. Awful.

    I haven't seen The Social Network yet but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Rick Gervais was harsh. But I also hear that is because it got people to remember him, which is what hosts want. To be remembered, I suppose. But I think there is being remembered for being funny and for being a ...well...

    Hurray for the new schedule!! (boo for less days!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, the Golden Globes were so awkward to watch for various reasons (not just Gervais' hosting), but at least it was amusing if in a semi-uncomfortable way?

    I was sad about Inception getting shut out, but happy about Colin Firth and Natalie Portman. Saw both their movies and they were both amazing.

    The Social Network is really good, not at all what I expected when I first saw the trailers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were uncomfortable, weren't they? There were a number of acceptance speeches that were pretty shocking. This might be the beginning of the end for drinking during awards ceremonies.

    And yes, it was sad that Inception got shut out. It will probably win something at the Oscars, at least.

    I am definitely going to see The Social Network now! Thanks for commenting, everybody!

    (And I am so tickled that you guys have been chatting with each other in the comments over the past couple of weeks! Awesome!)

    ReplyDelete