Sunday, August 15, 2010

The "Astonishingly Brilliant Query Critique" Contest!

So, WriteOnCon has been officially over since Thursday night. And ever since Wednesday evening (because I like to get a head-start on depression), I've been down with the post-WriteOnCon blues. I got my feedback, I've polished my manuscripts, I have my new Beta-reading friends (Hi, New Beta-Reading Friends!), I'm ready to submit, but... I'm just not inspired to write anything new. I'm in the dumps.

Do you know what always gets me out of the dumps?

A contest!

So, I am hosting my first-ever blog contest! YAAAY!

And in keeping with my WriteOnCon blogging theme, which was all about queries, one lucky winner of this contest will win An Astonishingly Brilliant Query Critique by ME! And it will be astonishingly brilliant, I promise you. My query critiques kick a little butt.

SO, here's what you do to enter this contest.

1) Follow my blog.

2) Link to this contest in as many places as you can: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, your own blog, you name it. Go big, guys.

3) Leave a comment on this post with a link to each place in which you have linked to this blog. You will get one entry for each link you post. You will get 5 entries if you actually blog about it! Woo-Hoo!

4) Do all of this no later than Midnight on the night of Friday August 20, EDT.

At Midnight on Friday night, I will take all of the entries and put them into the hat and pick one winner. (Yes, I said a hat. Yes, I am a low-tech person. You probably already knew this from the lack of pictures on this blog, and from the little blog-party I threw when I finally figured out how to add hyperlinks. I hope to remedy the picture issue soon.)

So, go win yourself a query critique!

And thanks for stopping by.

18 comments:

  1. http://twitter.com/madamerkf/status/21464889173

    I tweeted and I follow you on GFC.

    madamerkf at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. follow and tweeeeet :)

    @corinneoflynn

    oflynn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog thanks to the lovely Casey McCormick. Great contest and blog! :)

    Tweeted about the contest and am a new follower:

    https://twitter.com/Amanda_Cathryn/status/21626310356

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh yay I love contests! I'm following and have tweeted: http://twitter.com/WritersBlockNZ/status/21626675439

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome contest. I too found out about this via Casey McCormick's Twitter feed. I have since tweeted about it (@SCookRay) and posted it on my blog (www.sarahcookraymond.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Followed the link from Casey's blog. I followed and tweeted. How do you get the tweet link? *sigh*

    @sarahlaurenson

    I'd blog, too, but your contest ends soon and I'm booked solid this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am linking this contest on Facebook and putting it on my sidebar. I'm also becoming a follower. Please enter me in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. follower and tweeted (@NicoleZoltack)

    Great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog through Casey's post, too! Sounds fun!

    I'm following your blog and I tweeted about the contest here: http://bit.ly/bBulWr

    Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Follower and tweeted!
    (@IMMALLORYHAYES)
    Excited for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Follower and tweeted...

    http://twitter.com/Vampyr14/status/21642265127

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My query won a contest on WOC, so I apparently don't need help (who knew?) but I came here from Casey's blog and I just wanted to say this is awesome. Great idea!

    I am now also your newest follower, nice ta meet ya!

    Today's guest blogger is Renae Mercado!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting.

    BTW, do you have any spare beta readers? LOL

    My links:
    http://spiritcalled.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=lf

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I'm your newest follower. My query can always use another critique.

    I twittered. My twitter link is @loislane1970

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just heard about your contest from Casey. I'd love to win. I posted on Facebook. I don't have a blog or twitter account. Here's the link.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following and posted on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1294681459 and Twitted
    @milner15
    thanks for the contest:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just joined/blogged about it! Great contest... I seriously would love query help :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. And the contest is now CLOSED. Tune in tomorrow for the announcement of the winner!

    ReplyDelete