Monday, March 9, 2015

Announcing...

A while ago, I hinted that I hoped to have some good news to share soon. And then a few posts ago, I mentioned that my trip to New York City for the SCBWI Winter Conference had even more awesome than I was able to include in the post. There's no way you could have known, but those things were connected.

Hee-hee. I know. I'm such a tease.

ANYWAY. You probably want to know what my news is, right?

I bet you do.

Yup.

Have I drawn this out long enough?

How about now?

Okay, NOW. I have.

Okay, already!

I wanted to wait until all the paperwork was finalized, buuuuut, now that the contract has been signed, I am THRILLED to announce that…

I am now represented by the AMAZING Laura Biagi, of Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency!

I queried Laura last September and she requested my full in November. After she read my manuscript, we made an appointment to chat in New York on the day that I arrived for the conference. Chatting with her was fantastic - I could see that she had really thought about my manuscript, and I could also see that she really "got it". She is smart and on-the ball, she's a great communicator, she gets and loves what I'm working on, and I am so, so excited to have her by my side as we plan my career together!

So. Laura Biagi, Agent Awesome. MY AGENT. I can't believe I get to type that.

What is this crazy life?

To celebrate, I'm giving away a free query critique. Comment with your email address for one entry, share (and link to your shares in the comments) for more entries. The winner will be randomly drawn at midnight on Friday, March 13th/Saturday, March 14th.

And as always: you guys have been with me since my earliest days, and your support has kept me going through both light and dark moments. I love and appreciate every last one of you. Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news. Congrats on a really great start on a great year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I told Laura that she made my year when I accepted her offer. :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome news. Congratulations! Good for you for going for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! My email is a dot samuely at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can only imagine how excited you are.

    Mgaudino09@jcu.edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty darn excited, that's for sure! I was in a haze for a couple of days. :-) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Great news, Ishta! Congratulations. All your hard work is paying off - keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete