Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stamps, stamps, and more stamps...

I blogged earlier in the week, and last week, about the complication (for those of us who live in Canada) of needing to include a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope with manuscript submissions to agents and editors in the US.

Some choose to use International Reply Coupons, as I did because I was under the misguided impression that it was impossible to purchase USPS stamps in Canada. Others choose to purchase a pre-printed label through the internet, which you can print on your computer and stick onto your envelope - probably a good option if you're submitting a novel, but probably not necessary if you're writing picture books.

After a little more searching of the USPS website, I came across this link:

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10001

And Lo, the computer opened, and stamps rained down from the heavens. At least, that's the way it felt for me. (Grin!) If you click the tab marked "stamps", you will be faced with more selection than you could probably ever hope for. It's like finding the Holy Grail of United States postage, and - I'm only guessing here, but I bet I'm right - choosing something interesting from the array of stamps available is probably the closest you can (and should) get to jazzing up your envelope. (You know what I'm talking about, you fancy-paperclip-buyers!)

So, go for it! Get those stamps you've been hankering after! And good luck with your submissions.

Thanks for stopping by,
-Ishta

No comments:

Post a Comment