Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Favorites: People's Choice Awards!

Did anyone else watch the People's Choice Awards Wednesday night?  Did you? Did you? Did you?


Can you tell I like Awards Season? And I know, the PCAs aren't exactly on the same level as the Oscars or the Golden Globes or the Emmys, but they're still worth watching, especially for creators of things like books and TV shows and movies.


You know why?


The People choose them. And, you know, the People also choose to buy things that are important to writers.


Like our books. Yup. So, I watch the People's Choice Awards. I want to know what the People want these days, and what they like. And I want to know how my own personal picks do, of course!


I was thrilled (and not really surprised) that Johnny Depp won for favorite male film star, and I was even more thrilled to see Jane Lynch win for favorite female TV comedy star, along with Glee's win for favorite TV comedy. Because Jane Lynch is awesome. And her speech proved it.


How about you guys? How did your favorites do?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get to see it but I looked up all the winners and was surprised about some, disappointed about others, but you're so right. Johnny Depp was NO surprise or let down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really watch award shows, but it's nice to see the ones "the people" choose--it's better than some of the other shows where people are nominated for "political" and "popular" reasons. (Just my two very jaded cents, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched award shows in a long time, but yay for Jane Lynch! She's the most hilarious part of Glee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colene, I agree on all counts.

    lbdiamond, I think there's a place for all types of awards shows - after all, we have the same divide in awards for books, with the Newberry Award and the Caldecott Medal and (in Canada) the Governor General's Award and the TD Award, versus, for example, the Teen Reads Award (which is voted on by the readers, not an appointed board of professionals in the industry). It's another way to recognize that there is a difference between "commercial" and "literary" art, and to recognize that there can be excellence in both areas.

    Krispy, way to spread the Jane Lynch love!

    ReplyDelete