Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Goals

Happy New Year!


It's resolution time again. I actually like making resolutions. Christmas always throws everything upside down anyway, so why not take advantage of the aftermath to start over on a few things?

On top of getting more regular exercise (which I always resolve to do - it's a tradition I hold dear), I've decided to be more disciplined not only about my writing, but about submitting my work this year. I've got the "writing every day" thing going on, but I falter when it comes to sending out my work. And if you don't submit, you don't get published, right?

And I've resolved to be more disciplined in general. I hate that every year, I've crapped out on my resolutions by mid-March. This year, I'm not going to do that. This year, I resolve to keep my resolutions.

How about you guys? What are you going to do differently this year?

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Good resolution. Mine is to exercise more, eat healthier (boring but needed) and stick to a writing schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions! Good luck on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to make a pile of changes a the beginning of the year. instead I resolve to change when the change is needed. Sitting at my desk all month during NaNoWRiMo has given me an extra 5 pounds. so I need to stop writing.... I mean start excersising? Who am I kidding I'll end up keeping the five pounds until summer, then I'll burn it off doing yardwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I like your resolutions. a healthy body is linked to a healthy mind, and a writing schedule can never be a bad thing. Good luck with them!

    Colene and Golden Eagle, thanks for the well-wishes. Best of luck to both of you with your endeavors in 2011!

    Phyllis, I like your approach to making changes. You must lead a very balanced life. And I had to laugh about your yardwork comment - my body goes through the same cycle. The key is physical exercise, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete