Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Musings on Milking Your Ideas

So, I was at a museum today, and I suddenly got a GREAT idea for a Non-Fiction picture book. And then, I got an EVEN BETTER idea for a YA dystopian. And then, I got the best idea of all for a YA historical, and another idea for a Non-Fiction Middle-Grade kind of thing.

And I thought, can I do ALL OF THEM?


I've heard writers talk about using research from a picture book in a YA or MG about a similar topic. But this is the first time I've really felt for myself how I might be able to do it. And after all those big words about focus two short weeks ago, I'm sorely tempted to try writing all these things at once. I'm that excited about them.

How about you? Have you ever written books about the same topic for more than one age group? How did it go?

4 comments:

  1. Sorry but I've never tried that. But if you feel inspired, definitely go for it. And if you can multitask and work on more than one at thee same time, that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're on a role! Go for it! I had a secondary character from a middle-grade become the protagonist in a YA novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. No. I've never even considered that, but now that you mention it, I can see it being potentially awesome.

    ReplyDelete